2/26/2012

Collectors interview: mistachael

The first collector that we are interviewing, is a special collector for me. I traded loads of mascots with this guy and i reckon that he did that with quite some other collectors too. He always showed me good pictures, with all the details/scuffs he saw. Besides that he shipped fast and always informed of the status. A real good boardie and a great guy when you know him better. Here we go!

Forum name: mistachael (KR-boards)
Real name: Michael L.
Age: 29
Location: Bay Area California
Country: USA

When did you get interested in designer toys?
Right after the KR Simpsons Series 1 came out, I got a case as a birthday present and I have been hooked ever since.

What is your favorite platform to collect? Or do you have more?
KR mascots hands down.

How big is your collection, what do you have?
I would say about 130 figures.

What is your most expensive piece?
KR04 GID Halloween

What is your most favorite toy and your most hated toy in your collection?
Most favorite would definitely be my KR10 The Ugly by Huck Gee. My least favorites would be the mascot candles, but regardless I still need to have them.

Wich direction are you going with your collection?
Last year I decided to sell of most of my other vinyl and concentrate mainly on mascots. I'm still sticking with that plan until I have every single production run mascot.

Do you have also customs? When it is a yes, who are your favourite customizers? What is your favourite custom that you own?
I actually didn't really get into customs until recently so I don't have any of them in my hands just yet. There are a lot of great customizers that I like such as Fuller, B.A.L.D, NikeJerk, and IgorVentura. And I can't forget about Don_P and Sekure D for giving mascots all this love recently.

What is your advice to new collectors to get a collection like this?
Be patient or else you'll go broke really fast.

Can you show us your collection?
I still don't have a nice display case just yet, but I just had to take out all my mascots just to take a nice picture of my collection so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment